La Fare 1789, a committed & ethical company
ECOCERT was the very first certification body to develop standards for "natural and organic cosmetics".
The basic principles of the Ecocert standard is to ensure an environmentally friendly cosmetic product, the Ecocert standard lays down:
1. The use of ingredients derived from renewable resources, manufactured by environmentally friendly processes. Ecocert therefore checks:
- The absence of GMO, parabens, phenoxyethanol, nanoparticles, silicon, PEG, synthetic perfumes and dyes, animal-derived ingredients (unless naturally produced by them: milk, honey, etc.).
- The biodegradable or recyclable nature of packaging.
2. A minimum threshold of natural ingredients from organic farming to be reached to obtain certification:
3. On site audit is performed by an Ecocert auditor.
The COSMEBIO® Charter intends to be simple and precise, and promote genuine eco-responsible values in connection with organic farming for the sake of preserving our planet and our health.
The basic principles of the Charter are as follows:
- Provide finished products made with natural or naturally-derived ingredients mainly produced by organic farming.
- Exclude raw materials and preservatives whose use is controversial in terms of safety and ecological values.
- Guarantee pollution-free processing and manufacturing.
- Guarantee products are subject to strict quality control by an independent certification body based on established specifications.
- Inform consumers in a clear and objective way.